Tablet of Kii
1. ALPHABETICAL sounds, Panic and Chine.
2. Gin, river. Woo, small lake. Long, large lake. Oak, house. Chan, city. Shan, country. F'da, the earth. Gwo, sun-light. Fung, wind. Dan, light, human understanding. Git'how, sun. Git, moon. Salock, stars. Fuche, the firmament.
3. M'bow, horse. Gow, cow. Gan, man. Du'gan, woman. Ji, boy. Du'ji, girl. Aden, sky. G'shan, life. Sa, death. Da, ground. Shak, rock. Foam, wind. Soo, square. Inq or inqu, round.
4. Gui or gu, street. Loo, road. Him, sweet. Soap, sour. Bai, sick. Eah, cure. Sam-shot, war. Du'ga, sword. Bek, weapon. Fox-ow, spear. So, dart, a stone, a sling. Em, to go before.
5. Hid, interview. Hout, dissatisfied. Work, spinal. Bow'mi, Goddess of cattle. Son or songa, one who gives alms grudgingly. Shawn or shon, a stone-cutter. Shaw, a servant. Go'ta, a plowman. Chon'gum, flax. Hark, dark. Kin, roots, edibles. Hoe or hoa, pressure. M'how, priestess.
6. Git'oo, light ahead, the way is clear. Wa'sha, darkness ahead, a melancholia. Seang, a river ford, a passage. Chin, a great ruler. Gone, pertaining to untruth, romance, fable. Gaup, a hostler, a lover of the turf; one who lives indecently with beasts. p. 610 Show (o short), decline, falling or fallen. Gwo'oa, to weave, to make cloth, also cloth, a covering, a poet, one who clothes things. Min'bon, salutation, a prayer, supplication, especially standing. Kii, truth, a tribe called Kii, a religious tribe on the continent of Pan. An abused people are also Kii. Kii, learning, one who tries to understand. Gwom, sickness, a talisman. Laum, soil, a tiller, harvest, rich.
Plate 74.--TABLET OF KII.
[Begin at 1, and read downward, then at 2, etc.]
7. Lun, sleep, trance, somnambula, intoxicated. Hoo, a marshal, leader, organized, system. M'hoa or m'hoo, to shout. Baw, preach, sing. Di'sa, young and therefore foolish. Wa'shu, a tribe of hunters, serpent slayers, persons who feed on raw flesh. M'shu, makers of stone weapons, also stone weapons with handles, axes. Ken'ong or ben'ang, young healer of the sick, the gift of spirits. Chawnt, to sing a song, a monotonous sound of not more than three notes, continued from sunrise to sunset without ceasing. A method of inducing the trance state. C'yu, a lawyer, an arbiter; one who fills the place of both lawyer and judge (a modern referee). Hook, to make fast, a bond sworn on the sacred wheel, Eoin. So'che, epidemic, a scourge, a judgment.
8. Sai, faithful. Hon'yi, multitude, followers, rabble, fete of sacrifice. Sung'soup, miscellany, variety, a people who marry with strangers. Law, the feathered tribe, feathers. Shoe'ji, a gosling or young aquatic bird, a man who can not go to the hunt or to war without his mother; a shame-faced people. Shon, sharp, particularly witty, to cut right and left, evil prophecy. Bog'wi, a circus, an exhibition of trained animals, civilization, learning. M'wi, a tattling woman. Es, spirit, the unseen world. Es'fom, the wind that is good. Sa'fom, evil wind. Gut, a plague, a famine, black-rot, scabs, lepers.
Next: Tablet of Emp'agatu